Healthy Blueberry Muffins
If your anything like me, having healthy nutritious food on hand is a must! And if its not on hand, thats when we start reaching for the not so healthy convenient foods. Running around everyday after a 10 month old its nice to have yummy, but healthy snacks to grab to help me keep up with her! I've also found that even though she's still little she loves being in the kitchen with me and helping me cook. She's made me so much more aware of what I'm fueling my body with because I want to eat the same way I want her to eat, HEALTHY! I know she's a little sponge soaking in everything we do, this is just one way to spend time together learning how we honor our bodies with healthy foods! Being in the kitchen hasn't always been a favorite of mine, but I'm learning to love it because I am passionate about nourishing and loving our bodies.
These healthy blueberry muffins are made with almond flour, oats, flaxseed, and chia seeds! Perfect healthy on the go snack for anytime of day!
- Prep time 10 min
- Cook time 20 min
- Total time 30 min
- Serving size 12
- Cooking Spray
- 1 cup Almond flour
- 1 1/2 Cups Rolled Oats
- 1-2 Tbsp Flaxseed
- 1-2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup Sugar (UPDATE: We no longer use sugar and it still tastes amazing! Sometimes I use a little bit of honey on it if I want a little sweeter taste.)
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 Cup Almond Milk (or coconut milk) I use unsweetened vanilla almond milk.
- 1 Egg (I haven't tried it in this recipe yet, but Flaxseed can be used as a replacement for egg if you are egg free.)
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 Tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 Cup of fresh blueberries
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Mix all dry ingredients in large bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix almond milk, egg, vanilla extract, and coconut oil.
- Mix in the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients, stir well.
- Add blueberries.
- Pour in muffin tin.
- Sprinkle sugar on top.
- Bake for 20 min and you're done!
ENJOY! What are your favorite healthy recipes?? I'm always looking for new ideas!!